Are you licensed by ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and RIAA?
In the United States, mobile DJ’s aren’t required to obtain licenses from ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC. These organizations instead license the venues where we play (hotels, bars, restaurants, etc.) Mobile DJ’s are not required to obtain licenses to play prerecorded music at private events, such as weddings or private (not-for-profit) parties.

If the event will charge admission, then the event holder or venue are required to pay the fees appropriate for their venue.

Mobile DJ’s ARE required to purchase properly licensed music, however. That means we must use purchased commercially-available CD’s, or DJ service-provided music. Music stolen from the Internet is not properly licensed, and any DJ caught using unpurchased music is subject to huge fines.